Parent Visa

    The 173 visa is a Contributory Parent visa, issued by the Australian government. This visa allows parents of an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen to live temporarily in Australia for a period of two years.

    The initial Australian government charge for this temporary visa is $2,850, and the spouse’s fee is $1,425. The second installment of $29,130 must be paid before the visa may be issued. It takes about 4.7 years to process this visa. The applicants are given a temporary visa good for two years. They must pay an additional $19,420 and submit an application for the permanent visa subclass 143 before this visa expires.


    • You can live in Australia for up to 2 years.
    • You can work and study in Australia (you will not receive government support).
    • You can apply for a permanent Contributory Parent visa (subclass 143) visa.
    • enroll in Australia’s public health care scheme, Medicare


    • You must be sponsored by an eligible child who is a settled Australian citizen, Australian Permanent resident or Eligible New Zealand citizen.
    • You must meet the balance-of-family test.
    • You must meet all visa conditions and follow Australian law.
    • You must not have already applied for or hold a Sponsored Parent (Temporary) (Subclass 870) visa when applying for this visa.

    Start your application and Book your free consultation to assess your eligibility for subclass 173 (Contributory Parent (Temporary)) Visa.