General Skilled Migration

    The Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190) is a permanent residency visa for skilled workers who want to migrate to Australia. It is a state-sponsored visa, meaning that applicants must be nominated by an Australian state or territory government.


    • Skilled nominated visa (subclass 190) is a points-based visa.
    • It allows skilled workers who are nominated by an Australian state or territory government
    • You can live and work in Australia as permanent residents.
    • You can sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence.


    • Your profession should be on the 190 occupation list. 
    • You will need an Australia-recognised skills assessment of your occupation.
    • You will need to meet the points test pass mark of 65 points (as of 20 Dec 2022)
    • You will need to submit a letter of Expression of Interest and be invited by the authorities to apply. 
    • You will have to be between the age of 18 to 44 years.
    • You will need to prove your English language ability.
    • You will need to meet all health and character requirements.

    Can I Apply for 190 in Australia or offshore?​

    • You can be in Australia or offshore when you submit your EOI. You can either be in Australia or overseas when you apply for a Subclass 190 Skilled visa. 
    • YIf you are to lodge your Subclass 190 (skilled nominated) from within Australia, you will need to hold a Bridging A, B or C visa. This bridging visa will allow you to remain in Australia during the processing of your visa application.
    • If your current visa is refused or cancelled, then you will not be eligible to apply for the 190 visa while you are onshore in Australia

    What can you do with a 190 visa?

    • How long can I stay?
      Indefinite stay in Australia.
    • Can I study and work?
      Yes, you can Work and study in Australia.

    • Would I be eligible to enrol in Medicare?
      You can enrol in Medicare, Australia’s medical and spending system.
    • Can I sponsor visas Sponsor a relative who is eligible for permanent residency?
      Yes, you can sponsor eligible relative for permanent residence.
    • Will I be able to travel?
      Yes, you can enter and leave Australia as many times as you like for up to five years after your visa is issued.

    The visa allows the holder to live and work in Australia on a permanent basis and bring their family with them. It also provides a pathway to Australian citizenship, after holding the visa for a certain period of time and meeting other eligibility requirements.

    The subclass 190 visa is a popular option for skilled workers who want to migrate to Australia, as it provides a direct pathway to permanent residency. The state nomination adds extra points to the applicant’s score on the points test, increasing their chances of being granted the visa.

    Start your application and Book your free consultation to assess your eligibility for a Skilled independent Subclass 191 visa application.