Child Visa

    802 (Child Onshore) visa allows a child to stay in Australia permanently and live with their parents. The child can travel to and from Australia as many times as they want for 5 years from the date we grant this visa. This is as long as the travel facility of this visa remains valid.


    • The child can stay in Australia indefinitely.
    • The child can work and study in Australia.
    • The child can enrol in Australia’s public healthcare scheme, Medicare.
    • The child can sponsor relatives to come to Australia.


    • The child must be a dependent child of a parent who is an Australian citizen, eligible New Zealand citizen or holder of an Australian permanent visa.
    • The child must be under 18 years, a full-time student aged over 18 and under 25, or over 18 and unable to work due to a disability.
    • The child must be single and dependent on the parent.
    • The child must be in Australia when the application is made and when we make our decision.

    What are the conditions of this visa?

    • The child must be present in Australia when the application is made and when we make our judgement, but they must not have obtained immigration clearance.
    • If the child is in Australia on a different visa that has a no further stay restriction, they are not eligible to apply for this visa.

    Start your application and Book your free consultation to assess your eligibility for subclass 802 (Child Onshore) visa.