Parent Visa

    With this short-term visa, aged parent of an established Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, or qualifying New Zealand citizen can stay temporarily in Australia.

    By initially requesting a Contributory Aged Parent (Temporary) subclass 884 visa, you can apply for the permanent subclass 864 visa in a two-step procedure. Spreading the cost of the visas over a number of years is possible by first applying for a subclass 884 visa and then a subclass 864 visa.


    • You can live in Australia for up to 2 years.
    • You can work and study in Australia (you will not receive government support).
    • You can apply for a permanent Contributory Aged Parent (subclass 864) visa.
    • You can’t stay in Australia longer by extending or reapplying for this visa. You can apply for a different visa.


    • You should have an eligible child who is a settled Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen.
    • You should be old enough to receive the Australian aged pension.
    • You should be in Australia, but not in immigration clearance, when you apply for this visa and when we make our decision.
    • You should not have already applied for or hold a Sponsored Parent (Temporary) (Subclass 870) visa when applying for this visa.

    Start your application and Book your free consultation to assess your eligibility for subclass 884 (Contributory Aged Parent (Temporary)) Visa.